WHO WE ARE
– A social change advocacy and grant making organization to empower women and girls
– An opportunity for trustees and donors to develop an informed Jewish philanthropic response to issues affecting women and girls
– A dynamic group of women
– A forward thinking and inclusive organization; Each trustee has a vote
WHAT WE DO
– Educate and advocate to give a voice to women and girls who have no voice
– Foster women’s leadership to elevate the status of women and girls
– $1 .6 million in strategically invested grants to organizations locally, nationally and globally
– Promote social change to ensure women and girls are safe and successful
WHY WE DO WHAT WE DO
– Women and girls are abused, exploited and under-served
– Women and girls still face social, economic and political barriers
– Less than 5% of all philanthropic dollars raised are allocated to issues specifically affecting women and girls
– We believe women’s issues are society’s issues; when women are empowered, the community benefits
– Young leadership development with a young women’s membership level for women under 40
– Advocacy for change to create a more tolerant and just society here in Palm Beach County, in Israel and around the world
– Cutting-edge educational programming on issues important to women and girls
– The 2014-2015 grant cycle, giving away up to $200,000 in grant awards
Our work is based on Jewish values including Tzedakah (Justice), Tikkun Olam (Repairing the World), and Gemillut Chassadim (Acts of Loving Kindness). We strive to uphold Jewish values as individuals and as an organization. Our relationships thrive when we work with individuals, partners, and organizations that share these values. Our values serve as a reminder of how we strive to work together and accomplish our goals.
– Promote respect, caring, and support.
– Embrace and consider diverse perspectives and views.
– Empower people to grow and learn through coaching, mentoring and encouragement.
– Be honest and nonjudgmental.
– Establish effective communication.
– Express different opinions in a thoughtful manner- be able to respectfully disagree.
– Focus on finding solutions.
– Foster collaboration and cooperation.
– Listen and incorporate varied perspectives.
– Stay true to mission.
– Innovate and try new ideas.
– Be optimistic: We are working to change the world and we are proud of the work we do.